Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Broken Flowers

Ok, I finally saw it. I've been itching for so many weeks to see Jim Jarmusch's Broken Flowers and tonight (well, technically last night) I just dragged myself out of bed and went to the cinema in San Mateo to catch the last showing. I'm glad I didn't recommend this film to my friends for a weekend movie. I think I would have been burned at the stake :) . There are no monstrous explosions or fists of fury. It's just not that type of movie for a friday or saturday night.

I really felt like watching Bill Murray's character in Lost in Translation in this movie...as if it's a continuation of his life upon returning from Japan. I think the movie delivers a subliminal message, that in the same line that states that some stories are better left unsaid, some memories are better kept away.

No comments: