Friday, March 24, 2006

Tina Dico at the Chop Suey


The Chop Suey in Seattle is a small venue right across from a great Pizza place :).

Strumming and plucking her guitar with such ease, she sang most of her tracks from In the Red, one from her EP, and a new one (Magic). She was really comfortable and warm, making slight changes to the songs; a stronger line here, a whisper of a few words there, shorter here, longer there, ....it's so obvious that she's been playing and singing all her life.

Tina has a powerful voice, but she never uses it unless she has to (something Kelly Clarkson should learn to do). Her live accoustic set is really different from the studio album and is so much more livelier. I hope someday she makes a DVD of her live performances. It shows so much of her great character and strengths.

This is bad news and good news for me. Good that I was able to see her in such an intimate setting. I had such a great time. Bad that with so much talent, wisdom, and heart, she is destined for success. Chances are, the next time I watch her, I'll be somewhere in section O, row 3, seat 9.....

But that's ok. I'll always have this little solo concert in Seattle in my memory.

No comments: