Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Follow



Follow your heart and see where it might take you
Don't let the world outside there break you
They know not who you are inside
They have never felt your hell
Don't ever let them crack

Hold out I know you feel it getting cold out
Without the blanket for your soul now
Before you know it you'll be frozen
You have to see this through
There's no one here but you

I feel the rain coming down
It reminds me of who I want to be
But now that's nothing more
Than a memory

Don't go to sleep and cry because tomorrow
If you let it it will swallow
You up and none of this will matter
Will matter anymore

"Follow"
- Brandi Carilie


I still can't recall why I skipped this album the first time.....must've been in a bad mood or something. Anyway, thanks to KCRW for bringing it to my attention! It's such a great debut album....you start with one song, then the next....and before you know it the whole album's consumed you :). Loved "Follow" and "Throw it all away".


NashvillePosted by BC on 04.12.06

hey friends,

this is the first time i've actually written on my website journal but i've been thinking about it a lot lately and i promise this will be the first of many entries...i want to communicate with the people i'm meeting on the road and the new and old fans that i appreciate deeply....
i'm on tour with train right now and am currently in a hotel room in Milwaukee...this is my 6th show and they have all been soooo much fun but there is one in particular i want to talk about...on the 8th i played in Nashville at the ryman auditorium...the country music fans out there know it as themother church of country music and the original grand ole opry...home to my heroes patsy cline, tammy wynett, hank, minnie pearl, roy acuff, waylon jennings, and of course johnny...the list goes on and on...it's been a dream of mine since i can remember to play on that stage or even see it...my mom was out on the road with me for the first time because she wanted to see me play there...my mom is a country singer and she is the one who got me headed in the right direction...my little sis was out too and when the three of us stepped into the theatre we had instant goose bumps...walking around and looking at the pictures of our heroes felt so familiar it was eerie...it was as if i was looking at photos of distant relatives...our set was a blast and the audience was magical...at the end of the set i called my mom out to sing with me...she hasn't performed in years and she got a standing ovation at the ryman! when the crowd stood up my mother started to cry...i won't forget it.

i finished up the set by myself and got an overwhelming response from the audience...i exited the wrong side of the stage and climbed the stairs to where i thought my dressing room was but the left wing ofthe ryman was empty and dark so i ran my hand along the wall until i found a light switch...in the dark space the only thing that lit up was a little back-lit painting of patsy cline and it said "sweetdreams".........it was so quiet and strange that i sat in there and played my guitar until someone came and got me....

sweet dreams

lots of love
brandi

No comments: