Thursday, December 14, 2006

Offseason moves so far...


So far I'm pleased with the acquisition of Dave Roberts and Rich Aurilia. Dave Roberts adds speed and smarts in the lineup and he works hard. I'm really happy to welcome Rich back. I think his time away from the Giants was a blessing as he discovered his versatility as an infielder. I'm not too thirlled about Bengie Molina but I trust Sabean has a reason for choosing him (or maybe I'm just still bitter about these ex-Angels guys ;) ).

16 mil for Bonds? All I can hope for is that they are able to structure the payoff so that the Giants can still go for Zito, Suppan, Sexson, or Burrell. I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't sign Shea Hillenbrand. I had him on my wishlist a long time ago and when the Giants finally got him I expected him to stick around...anyway.

JT Snow coming back to the organization is well deserved. I hope someday we see Kirk Reuter return as well...perhaps to replace Mark Gardner or assist in some capacity. I wouldn't mind seeing Robb Nen in that pen, too.

No comments: