Friday, January 05, 2007

The 07 team so far...

Ok, ok, so the dotted lines have already been signed and we're all set to see Barry Zito in orange and black! I'm really excited to see more of that rainbow curve :) I do believe that the young pitchers will learn something from him, just as they did with Schmidt's fireball-change combo. Coming from the Athletics, I see Barry bringing a great attitude and mindset in the clubhouse and I wouldn't be surprised if great chemistry comes out of this year's rotation and pen.

Now, there are still a few more items that need to be addressed. I'm praying the Giants can finally work out a deal with Florida on Armando Benitez. It just hasn't worked out for him and I'd much rather take the risk with the younger guys to take a shot at the closer's role. I wonder if Robb Nen's arm is completely healed by now......ok, ok, I'm just kidding ;)

I'm not really sure about Klesko....I'd like to think that it would give Bochy flexibility in mixing the lineup with either left or right handed bats. I just hope this doesn't become a problem with the infielder corps, namely Durham, Feliz, Vizquel, Sweeney, Aurilia, and Klesko (and lets not forget a great prospect in Kevin Frandsen). Everyone wants playing time and frequency....so I'd be interested to see how Bochy handles this situation.

Roberts, Vizquel, and Winn.....wow. Are we totally running the bases this year or what? Again, I'm interested to see how Bochy will play these guys around the sluggers, but I can't wait to see the gears roll on this one!

Let's roll!

No comments: