Sunday, November 25, 2007

Stranger than Fiction

This movie had a unique concept and was well directed. Will Ferrell was perfectly cast and he slided into character really well. I didn't even have any flashbacks of his comedic characters (which I always do with Jim Carrey) so I think he was able to crossover really well in this role.

Who better to be the neurotic writer than Emma Thompson? I think her Harry Potter stint helped a bit, too :). And Queen Latifah as the assistant....nice touch.....someone must have seen her in The Bone Collector.

Anyway, back to this unique concept. Have you ever had these moments where you wished you could talk directly to God and ask him questions? Well, reverse and twist that a bit.......what if you were a writer and one of your characters suddenly comes up to you? Underneath the story also are some fundamental messages about life.....don't take things for granted, live more.......you know where I'm getting at....

No comments: