Sunday, February 10, 2008

The 08 Grammy Awards

The Grammy Awards has never really been the same for me and I can't even remember when that "magic" was lost. My last happy memory was when Stevie Wonder did a joke on stage trying to raise his glasses to read the nomination card...when was that? sometime in the 90's, right?

Alas, this years Grammy would have been just another one passing by for me had it not been for....yes, honestly......Stevie Wonder! I think it was a great advantage for him to not be at the mercy of the teleprompter. Having been introduced as a 25-time Grammy winner, he certainly was the most comfortable on stage. And did you hear him sing the chorus line from Alicia Keys' "no one"? He can still hit the high notes...as only a 25-time Grammy winner can.

Maybe I'm just getting old, but Herbie Hancock's Gershwin tribute was the performance highlight for me and made me feel really glad to have not missed this year's show. And yes, I truly enjoyed Amy Winehouse.....she even brought the beehive back!

No comments: