Saturday, August 27, 2005

Ghost Dog

It's a slow Saturday morning for me and I decided to watch my DVD copy of Ghost Dog. This movie by Jim Jarmusch is like fine wine. Each time I watch it I either discover or rediscover a great detail in his filmaking.

  1. Henry Silva - that face is as cold as dry ice! loved his "red cloud", "poetry of war", and "I've been waiting for you" scenes.
  2. Several scenes where the gangsters watch cartoons...from Felix the Cat to Itchy & Scratchy...I really wonder if that's true in real life (hey, it just could be!)
  3. The French-speaking ice cream guy
  4. Vargo's daughter
  5. Slick techniques -- tape on glass, spraying metal weakening chemical on chain
  6. Forest Whitaker can fire a gun
  7. Victor Argo - great character actor -- was also in King of New York...also dies from gunshot wound (for some reason he reminds me of the late JT Walsh)

No comments: