Monday, July 24, 2006

Holding back


I was really happy to see Tiger win the British Open this weekend...and was also touched by the emotion he displayed on the 18th and last hole of the course. When you're on the brink of tears, that's when you find yourself truly vulnerable.

Personally, of the moments I knew I was close to losing control of holding back tears, I'd be on a panic to distract myself...think of something funny, stare at a wall or look up in the sky...and I usually pull it off.

Just don't touch me. It's happened before. I'm able to keep the dam secure, but then someone puts their arm around me and boom...a waterfall is born :). In Tiger's case, it was way passed that and in a way he induced the gush by hugging caddie Steve Williams (and later his wife).

It's been years...I wonder if my skin is still as vulnerable?

No comments: