Thursday, April 10, 2008

Congrats, Frank!

I think the choice to have Frank Somerville replace Dennis Richmond in the 10 O'Clock news is a great choice. Being a big fan of Mornings on 2, I've always enjoyed Frank's light approach to delivering the news (and how we can easily switch to a serious tone when the news calls for it). Him paired with Ross and Tori make a great team......and that probably leads-in to a bit of sadness for me, as this will most likely split him from that crew (I mean he can't do both morning and evening shifts for sure.......or can he???....nah :) ) I still do my best to catch KTVU here in the Seattle area every chance I get (thanks to my brother's slingbox :) ) and now I'll have more to look forward to for the evening broadcasts. I'll always remember Frank for one of the station's anniversaries when they showed how Frank proposed to his wife (who was a producer or director I think at the time)......it was one of those great moments in local TV.....the camera suddenly turning to her...and there was Frank proposing on the air :)

Anyway, I'm glad you're still at KTVU, Frank, and congratulations on the new evening anchor position!

So who subs for Frank on Mornings on 2 now? (Willie Brown? :) )......just kidding!.....or ammm I???

:)

No comments: