Thursday, April 10, 2008

They'll ramp up soon enough

I've been guilty of impatience myself. But I always find a way to reason with my stubborn side to remember that these guys are fresh and they will make mistakes....they will discover major league play on the job.....they will even mess up routine plays at times. But they will get the hang of it soon enough and the talent that got them here will be revealed.

I was really happy for Daniel Ortmeier last night. My brother was witness to my constant ranting on him during spring training and I think Bochy's (and Lansford's) decision to keep him batting from the right side only has paid off. Personally, I'm just glad he's persevered as much and hope he continues to do so as the long season ahead will definitely test him.

Congratulations also to Jonathan Sanchez and the bullpen, who picked up each other.

A big WOOHOO for Fred Lewis' double play at the plate! I'm sure a lot of folks have to start getting used to outstanding defense from left field now that we've got him patrolling that area :).

No comments: