Monday, August 14, 2006

Hoodwinked


I've always dismissed Anne Hathaway as that "Princess Diaries gal"...well I guess I still do...but the matchup of her voice and Red was great and the supporting cast of Patrick Warburton(wolf-reported), Jim Belushi(unrecognizable voice), and Xzibit(the bear/police chief)....and Andy Dick! The making-of featurette in the dvd was very enlightening and I admired the story/concept start that slowly evolved into a success.

Critters do have feelings!! :)

Doogal Extra: enjoying Hoodwinked too much left me thirsty for another animated feature so I went to the local video store and dug into their previewed bins and found Doogal. The voiceover cast was all-star...Will Macy, Kevin Smith, Jon Stewart...wow...sad to say though...I didn't like the movie. It just didn't have any life to it. I couldn't even finish it. Hoodwinked was driven by the story & concept while technology and great actor-voiceovers supported it. It seemed the other way around with Doogal and it just didn't work for me.

No comments: