Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Jonatha Live in New York!


One of the benefits of being "in the loop somewhat" has its priviledges :). I've had the advance copy of Jonatha's live CD/DVD for some time now and I'm really thrilled at the whole thing....not just the great performance, but the fact that the CD/DVD project was fan-supported and I'm proud to have contributed to it...it also is a personal thing for me since I was actually there at the Anspacher Public Theater so whenever I listen to the recording I can almost imagine being there all over again.

I only wish I was there when she did her first live recording. Jonatha and her band are really at their best live.

"Crumbs" will always be a favorite of mine, but "Damn Everything But the Circus" was a real treat and I repeat it at least once everytime I listen to the CD. "Inconsolable" played live is magnificent.

No comments: