Friday, June 13, 2008

Boink!

I was doing laps around the channels and made a pit stop every now and then at the NBA finals, just to see how Boston and LA were doing. After the 2nd quarter and with LA leading by close to 20, I started skipping it. I thought to myself that while Boston loaded itself with power players, it just wasn't ready yet as a team, and maybe Doc Rivers was still trying to figure out how to mix this mean cocktail :).

But alas, the Celtics bounced back and won it. They focused on tight defense, used bench players efficiently, switched players around...was that teamwork? From the outside it looked like Doc just finally found the right combination and strategy. But reading more about it on the net and the papers this morning, I did notice that hidden element that worked behind the scenes. They stopped looking at the score and players expressed the desire to be accountable. Yeah, I think there was a team in that scene.

On the other side of the court, maybe they should try something else. I'll admit it now, I really don't like Kobe. And if he's been playing it like "I'll let you kids try it yourselves first and then I''ll jump in and show you I can win this game all by myself", well......good luck to ya, man.

No comments: