Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Dogfight

June 14, 2005 - I bought I Shot Andy Warhol out of my admiration for Lili Taylor. I haven't watched it yet and it's still there on my TV stand. I would have watched it by now but for some reason I'm saving it for a better time when I can watch it without any distractions whatsoever.

I loved her in Dogfight. The movie was intriguing but I can't rate it that high because I felt that the story was cut short in the end and the plot lost something in the middle, somewhere between River Phoenix fighting the war and eventually coming home. The build-up was really good up until River had to leave to fight the war. And then he comes home and meets Lili again and....well, the movie ends? I felt betrayed.

Lili is beautiful and she really is that person you could describe as the girl next door....if you lived ina middle class neighborhood, of course.

No comments: