Tuesday, July 19, 2005

PJ Harvey, Merci!

After discovering that Showtime Next was broadcastin PJ Harvey's concert in a festival in France, I made it an effort to record it. There are no commercially available recordings of PJ, and all of the ones I have are bootlegs...and my recording this wouldn't make any exception, of course...only that it is professionally recorded so it will absolutely have good Hi-Fi sound. Sad to say, Showtime Next wasn't available on the DirecTV lineup (my hookup at home), so I checked Comcast and luckily it had all the Showtime channels. So, I asked my dad if he could add Showtime to his subscription and I would just pay him for the cost of adding a premium channel lineup (I covered two months worth as a way of saying thanks, and giving him and mom more time to enjoy the movies).

The first and nearest showing was Monday, July 18th at 2am. I came to my parent's place and a stakeout going in front of the TV. Dad offered to record it for me but I said I wanted to watch it while recording.

The concert was awesome and I felt like it was 2004 again and I was at the Great American Music Hall watching the performance. The fun tidbit in this recording is that midway through Down by the Water, PJ couldn't contain herself and laughed, but continued to sing anyway. After the song ended, she had to say something about it and uttered "....I just learning something, never look at Rob Ellis when singing this song...." It was fun to watch and I'm glad they didn't cut it out of the recording.

No comments: